Inner Discontent

The search for peace will never result in peace because the search itself is what keeps one from experiencing peace. Only when the mind settles will the discontent subside and just like that therein lies one’s peace.

Many people are on a spiritual quest to find an answer and for me this was in the form the question why was I so discontented with life. I say was because the discontent is no longer there. For far to many years I didn’t truly understand this discontent and so it was always there as was the searching to quiet it. This searching manifested in many different ways and none were beneficial in living my life in a loving manner. This is because of the way I was conditioned, to self seek (quiet the discontent) which kept the it in place. What a ride this produced, hence there wasn’t much peace in my life. This lasted for forty nine years and then one day through a tiny crack in my ego there arose the possibility of a different view of life, which was revealed to me and gave me some real answers as to the true nature of my inner discontent.

Ten years ago what began as a crack has been expanding ever since. For the most part the discontent for peace is no longer there because it has been replaced with a simple quietness, but when the mind becomes agitated, the discontent does return because of the Conditioned Mind Patterns in place; I’ve learned to see it from the I perspective and not attach to them. Only attachment to I keeps the discontent in place so one has to search instead of there being peace. The search for peace will never result in peace because the search itself is what keeps one from experiencing peace. In this moment right now is where peace resides so there’s no need to search for what already is. It’s only when the mind settles and I is let go of that the inner discontent subsides and lo and behold it is then that one will be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment