Harmonic Discipline

The development of discipline is what brings it all together. Without it you will always be as you are, doing the things that you always do…

It all began when I started sitting and I did so because I understood that discipline is needed if the mind going to settle. Everyone has a physical place that’s called home, but what of a spiritual home? This is what disciplines allowed you to establish, a spiritual home: a place to go where the mind can be in unity, with the body, and spirit. This place isn’t for a select few, it’s available to anyone who has a willingness to want to look at and change their life. The key to this is being in the exact moment that you are in.

Sitting is an anchor to the present moment and it becomes more of where time should be spent instead of looking for an outward fix; this outward fix is what takes you from being in unison with yourself. Sitting for me is strictly done to develop discipline. It’s not done to attain a certain state, although that can occur. I don’t sit in any special position, mostly because there’s no need, but the main thing is to find a position that’s comfortable and focus on it. I also like to use the sensation of touch as an anchor, but I  use the breath as well as guided meditation. The important thing for me is to just sit because each time I sit I am developing the discipline to become more aware of the nonsense that goes on between my ears. This discipline is what brings it all together. Without it I would be as I always was, doing the things that I always did. As my mind has become more settled, this practice has become second nature to me; there is no other place I’d rather be because there is no other place I can be. So I sit whenever possible and it has been at the core of why my life is as it is; in harmony with my mind, body, and spirit…

No comments:

Post a Comment