Accumulative Energy

If we didn’t carry the burdens of past moments into the present, our accumulative energy would never form burdens and we would be free to live life as it actually occurred.

Most of the so called problems that occur in life are due to making things cumulative. I always carried past moments into the present and never understood this until I was at work one day. I work twelve hour shifts and we were working a lot of overtime, this particular week I was on my fifth day in a row. I was talking to one of my shift mates when he asked me if I was tired because of this being my fifth day of work in a row. As I began to answer him, the thought that popped into my head was “What does the previous four days of work have to do with today.” As I thought about this, I saw how so much of the burdens that I carried around for most of my life were strictly formed from not understanding how not to make the events of my life cumulative. It’s a skill that eluded me and made life more burdensome than was necessary.

Imagine a life without the cumulative affect; it can become a reality with practice. Life would be like water running off a ducks back. Things would never accumulate and become an issue. These accumulations are the very thing that makes life feel like it’s a burden. If it was learned to truly live in the moment and not carry the burdens of past into the present, our cumulative burdens would never materialize and we would be free to be with what arises. Life can be happy, joyous, and free without difficulties if there was the understanding that it is one continuous journey and the past moments have nothing to do with the present. Don’t carry around and accumulate the events of the past and you won’t be weighed down by your self-created burdens; this is when life will be truly lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment