A Life Based in Love

You don’t have to hope to do the right thing when the base of your life is love. The right thing occurs naturally and without effort because it’s already there…

Here is an example of how life plays out when the base is of love or if it’s self-serving. If you’re on the phone with a customer service rep (we all know how this is a true test of patience) and you’re not getting the results you want, whatever you have as a base will determine how you handle not getting your desired result. I have come to understand what makes this difficult is when the base is self-serving, especially when it involves something I am paying money for. When I don’t get what I‘m paying for, without awareness my mind can erupt like an active volcano. When it’s of love I’m able to see all the nonsense generated by a Conditioned Mind that feels slighted simply because things aren’t going my minds way and it’s not in control. It’s not because I know the difference between right and wrong and I want to do what’s right. There’s no decision to do what’s right, it occurs naturally and without effort when the base of life is of love.

So if you’re aware of this and you truly get it, you will only want to do things that make your base of love. Now mind you just because there’s awareness of this doesn’t mean your base will be of love. It probably will not be until the necessary practice of quietness is brought into your life to allow love to be your base more often than not. The more quietness there is, the more awareness you will have when you aren’t quiet. The more you notice when you aren’t quiet, the more you will develop discipline to bring in quietness. In essence quietness is the base of a life based in love…

No comments:

Post a Comment