A Different View

A different view of life will only occur if the current view is seen as not being beneficial. This doesn’t mean life will be as you think it should be, it means life will be exactly as it is without needing a story.

If there is to be change in one’s life, it has to be seen that change is needed to allow one’s behavior to be more beneficial than what’s in place now. Understand it’s not changing the things that occur that’s needed, it’s only the view of what’s occurring that requires change, and the change that occurs is just seeing things as they truly are. This isn’t about substituting positive for negative, right for wrong, or love for selfishness, if this is done it just becomes a story of change from the intellect not from the heart. True change is when one remains in a state of stillness regardless of what happens, of course this is easier said than done, but if it’s not done, true change will never occur, only surface change will.

As I’m writing this I’m in the dentist chair getting ready to have a major procedure done. The mind wants to makes this into a story, but there’s no need to attach to it. I’m in the moment as it arises and passes. The procedure will take about two hours and then it will be done. Years ago this would have consumed me, but not today. No pain medication needed, just being with what is. This view is the change that happened to me, I now live in the moment which is much more beneficial than living life as a conditioned story. Having a different view will only occur if the current view is seen as not being beneficial. This doesn’t mean life will be as you think it should be, it means life will be exactly as it is without needing a story. Oh and by the way, my mouth is sore, but this too shall pass.

1 comment:

  1. I understand a different view, but I really think I might have joined the wrong group.I am pushing 70 {69}, I am a very Dark themed Writer & Book Cover Artist. That may have come from very heavy child abuse, from a stepfather. My great aunt adopted me at the age of 4. My life change I suppose came about when I discovered Vampires and other creatures of the night. Maybe that was my past life comming out. I raised 5 healthy non-abused children. Now I am a great grandmother. I still write and do the dark. Past life experiences always change you for the better or worse. I guess it is the makeup of the person.Some people are glad to have the tooth pulled, others complain with the pain and do nothing.

    ReplyDelete