Habit of What's Known

The same behavior is repeated again and again as one constantly responds to the same urges because reactions arise from the habits of what’s known; this is done without even realizing it…

Why it’s so difficult to awaken is because of many reason, but to me the one that sticks out the most is how the Conditioned Mind holds onto what’s known even if it causes suffering. When I was twenty five my oldest brother passed away from an addiction related incident, this forced me to look at my own addictions. His death opened my eyes to a degree, but even though my life was a mess it didn’t mean I was willing to accept the unknown without my pacifier coping mechanisms. It took another two years before I realized how my addictions were causing problems. At that time, even though I was going into unknown territory I figured it had to be better than the way I was living.

The reason it took two years was because although I was in extreme emotional pain, my conditioning led me to believe facing the unknown was too scary and staying with what was known was the way to go; the lies of the Conditioned Mind run deep. This is why the same behavior repeated, and it’s also why the same triggers constantly cause the same reactions; we react out of habit without even realizing it. The conditioning in place dictates what to do and it’s obeyed without question. Here’s the real irony in all of this, people actually believe they have free will and a choice. The only thing that’s done is you submit to what’s known because that’s what’s in place. Once there’s awareness of this, succumbing to the habits of what’s known can be stopped. This allows the possibility to live life freely, along with the ability to not give into the what’s known habits of the Conditioned Mind…

No comments:

Post a Comment