Directed Awareness

There’s no suffering in the space of awareness because there’s no attachment. Being aware of your “I” attachment and not holding onto it allows awareness to be what directs your life…

The struggle one has with life is strictly mind based and it’s because there’s no solid structure to the mind. Being led by the mind is equivalent to building a house on sand; we all know what happens when the first storm comes. Often mind based information is held onto which keeps you trapped to the mind. I know how deeply ingrained the conditioning is and I know sometimes I may come on strong, but it’s only because what‘s seen can’t be ignored. 

There are basically two forces that direct the mind. One is suffering, the other is awareness (non suffering). These forces manifest in many way. The core of suffering is attachment to “I” (selfishness). This force leads as greed, envy, anger, pride, desire, doubt, restlessness, regret and so on. You can see how these will cause suffering. If this is the direction that guides your mind, you will suffer. The other force is awareness, which leads as kindness, generosity, compassion, empathy, understanding, stillness, and so on. I’m sure you can see how these don’t cause suffering. Make no mistake though you will still encounter the possibility of suffering even with being led by awareness because of how ingrained the conditioning is. But if attachment to “I” isn’t in place suffering will be at a minimum. To me the key is being aware of “I” attachment and not holding onto it. Without it what directs your life will be from awareness, and there’s no suffering in this space because awareness simply has no attachment…

No comments:

Post a Comment