False Comfort of Faith

Life will always be as it is regardless of your story of faith. Faith is used to provide false comfort and it’s really not needed if you simply live your given life of what arises…

The definition of faith is a strong belief or trust in someone or something. Is faith wanting things to work out the way you think they should be or is it accepting things as they are and not wanting them to be different? The lack of being able to live by the accepting principle caused my entire struggle with life. Faith is a word attached to a story, there are many interpretation of what faith is. They are the two ways that the word faith has been associated with my life. The way I used faith was I thought it meant things were going to be as I wanted; it’s not a big surprise that with this kind of faith causes many problems. I only had faith in the material world and I had to use things in order to feel good, which meant I only had myself to rely on to get what I thought I needed for satisfaction.

At the time though it is what was inside me. I firmly held onto a faith that if God didn’t grant me my wishes where was the need for it. If I didn’t get what I desired I didn’t need faith for this; I could be disappointed without it. So this was the path that was laid before me so I took care of things myself; I might as well after all God wasn’t doing anything for me, but what I truly wanted was a magician.

It’s not this way today, but not because there is a belief in something. Today the faith lie has been exposed and my trust lies in what is. Truth of what is isn’t faith that everything is going to go my way, it means it’s the way it is and that’s the way it’s going to be. There’s no longer the need for a story in my life because I live life as it arises. Through the practice of being with what is there’s a knowing that life will work out in life’s way, not mine; this is a faith that truly works. I have stopped using faith as the story of getting something or having someone that’s going to take care of my life. Life is life it takes care of itself. I am just one part and whatever happens life is as it is not as I think it should be. This is the acceptance of being with the reality of what is. I don’t need faith to live my life because life will always be as it is regardless of what the Conditioned Mind wants to use to make me think it should be different; faith only changes what is to what isn’t…

No comments:

Post a Comment