Instant Change

 Life as it is right now can change in an instant. Although change is the nature of life, the problem lies in holding onto things as if they will remain the same forever…

Last night I had a sharp pain on the right side of my chest which lasted for about five seconds; it went away and never returned. In those five second many thoughts entered my mind. One was what if I’m having a heart attack and my life was to end right now; everything I think is so important would be gone. I reflected (rather quickly) on how it would all be gone in an instant and none of the nonsense that goes on between my ears really means anything. None of it. If life were to end right now for me what is it that I think is so important? My answer, nothing because there’s nothing that would be taken with me; it would all cease to exist.

All my writings, my daily post, what I think is of value, my social status, my family, all my possessions, everything, sixty two years of existence, poof just like that, gone and all without my permission. Death comes in an instant. This isn’t morbid to contemplate, it’s reality in its truest form. Death is inevitable, it’s just not known when. Many will die today who aren’t expecting it. It may be me, it may be you, so nothing should be held onto.

There’s freedom in knowing death doesn’t need permission to occur. Things don’t need to be in order, it all falls by the wayside regardless if it’s welcomed or not. Nothing is really that important, it my seem like it is to the Conditioned Mind, but upon further review it isn’t. This is because nothing is taken with you and the world created between your ears no longer exist. The thing about this is it all occurs without your permission so there’s no benefit holding onto anything because none of it can be taken with you…

No comments:

Post a Comment