Free From Yourself

Truth isn’t something made up nor can it be held onto. It’s only known when it’s realized there’s nothing to know and it’s in the space of not knowing that truth sets you free from yourself…

To me it’s clear what truth is and here’s why: thirteen years ago when I started looking inward, a different view of live life arose; at the core of this was a peace that passed understanding. I didn’t know much about anything, but I did know I needed a different way to view life. I understood one thing, that my own mind was the cause as to why I wasn’t at peace so I set out to find out why this was and if it was possible to be at peace. As this process of self investigation proceeded my view was slowly being transformed and as this happened my life become less and less about me. It didn’t become about anyone else, it just wasn’t about fulfilling all my wants and desires anymore; when this happens qualities associated with love naturally arise. This doesn’t mean everything goes the way it’s wanted, but it does mean it doesn’t matter how it goes because if it’s not all about me then there’s no story of wanting and needing things a certain way and without a story one is at peace.

Truth is difficult to describe in words because it’s interpreted differently by everyone. I have found truth in the space of what is, but not in what is itself, in the space of what is. What is has many labels that are dependent on what’s occurring at the time. It can horrible, beautiful, or neutral, the label doesn’t change what’s actually occurring, being in the space of what’s occurring changes it and that’s because without a label there’s only space. In this space there’s no story and without a story that is when truth is revealed. It’s not a made up truth, it’s the truth of being in the space of what’s here right now and not needing to add a label or story to it. In this space is where one finds truth, but it has nothing to do with you or anyone else and this is when you will clearly see the truth that sets you free from yourself…

No comments:

Post a Comment