Not Automatically Right

Thinking because you have done something for a long period of time it automatically makes it the right way is so limiting that one can’t seem to get out of their own way.

Doing something for years doesn’t mean it’s being done in a way that truly benefits yourself and humanity. Something I find amusing is when someone says they’ve been doing something for a certain number of years and they equate that to mean what they are doing is the best and only way of seeing something. I know what I do today is much more beneficial to me and humanity than how I acted years ago, but this is only because my behavior isn’t based in thinking I have to please my self. That doesn’t mean I’m here to save the world, but by coming from a place of not thinking I have to please me, there’s freedom to be a true instrument of love, not a made up one. This is what arises when one is open to be with life as it happens instead of getting locked into a thinking pattern that because something has been done for a long period of time, it’s automatically the best and only way of seeing it.

I remember being on a seminar for work and someone said, but I have been doing it this way for twenty years, he was told, well you’ve been doing it wrong for twenty years. I don’t profess to have the one and only way to love. I share what has been revealed to me as do others, but I’m open enough to not think what I share is automatically the right way. As I’m constantly learning and changing, what I know or at least what I think I know is constantly changing. Hold onto your way and hold on to your limit. It’s rather simple because anything labeled becomes not only a limit to the label, but also one becomes entrapped by it. It’s in not constantly thinking about yourself that one experiences the freedom to love and what blocks this love from arising is thinking because one has done something for a long period of time, it automatically makes it the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment