Seduction of Lust

The most important thing to understand about being seduced by lust is the less one is attached to “I” the less one will be seduced because without “I” there’s no one to lust…

Being seduced by lust is so enticing because it actually feels good and this is why lust is so powerful. The only real issue with this is because of the impermanent nature of lust. It simply will not last no matter what; it has no staying power so something else will be needed almost immediately following the fulfillment of lust. Think about it, with all the lustful desires that have been fulfilled throughout your life regardless of what it was, it doesn’t bring the fulfillment now that it brought at that time. Most times even if the same exact lustful fulfillment is physically repeated, it’s usually not as satisfying as the first experience. I used so many things as I was seduced by my lust seeking conditioning, but it was never lasting. The seduction of the next needed lustful desire always arose. This went on all the time, attaining one lustful desire after another and never being satisfied.

I’ve come to understand being seduced by lust as the main reason there’s reaching for things. If your lustful desires didn’t need fulfillment nothing would be reached for so there to would never be a need for anything, hence there wouldn’t be any issue. But unfortunately the seduction of lust has its way with people as it’s deeply ingrained in the subconscious; it has been in place before your existence began. I know being seduced by lust is what was controlling me for forty nine years and it was directly associated with “I”. Without “I” no one is there to be seduced. Even with this understanding, being seduced by lust doesn’t just disappear, but it does subside somewhat. To me the most important thing to understand about this is the less one is attached to “I” the less one will be seduced and it’s because without “I” there’s no one who needs to fulfill the next lustful desire…

No comments:

Post a Comment