Presence Awareness

The value of having awareness of who you truly are is priceless because it allows the mind to settle instead of needing some story pretending to be something that you’re not…

One of the greatest gifts I’ve been given is the awareness of my own presence. What I mean by this is to be aware of who I am and not try to be something I’m not. When my book was published I was promoting it and thinking of ways to gets its message to people. Just by it being written I knew I had a valuable message to share about different view of life. Shortly afterwards I started writing and posting articles on social media sites. One day I was contacted by a site to write articles for them, I thought this was a great way to get my book and its message some exposure. After about six articles the admin of the site said people were complaining my articles were like teachings and asked if I could make them more inspirational. I thought about it and decided I will never compromise the message that was revealed to me for anything and I will never try to be anything that I’m not. I told the admin I could not change my style. I did not write another article for them.

It was an important stance for me then and it’s just as important now. The value of having awareness of who you are is priceless because it allows the mind to settle instead of needing some story. I don’t pretend to be this loving, spiritual, head in the clouds person. If there was such a thing as a spiritual labors union, I would be the head of it; I often say I walk a blue collared spiritual path. I understand many things, but my feet are always planted in the present moment so if it’s not happening now it doesn’t really matter all that much to me. I’ve learned early on not to live in my head and try to be something that I’m not. What this has allowed me to do is to not have one iota of conflicting energy within myself and in the process just be at peace with who I am. Not everyone agrees with my style of writing or what I write, but at the end of the day I only answer to me and I’m grateful I’m aware of my own presence…

No comments:

Post a Comment