An Imagined Indentity

When the lie of your imagined identity is exposed, the truth that this imagined self doesn’t really exist is revealed. This leads you not so much to knowing who you are, but more so to the truth of who you are not…


One day as I was sitting in silence, it was revealed to me that it took roughly forty nine years to develop an identity to an imagined self, along with all the tools I thought were needed to make me who I thought I was suppose to be. For the last twelve years I have be undoing what my own mind developed as it told me it was the most beneficial way to live. This imagined self began at the time of birth when my parents named me for the purpose of society having a way to identify me. This identify was then attached to by a self that wasn’t formed yet, but it slowly was being developed into an imagined identity.


For me this lie was exposed as it may for others at some point, but for many it will remain in place until the time of death, and although death itself may be the time of this exposure, most will never be aware of it. For those who do awaken to the fallacy of this imagine identity, there’s a freedom that occurs which can only be known in the space of non attachment to this made up imagined self. Bondage is in the belief that you are what you imagine. Freedom is in the knowing that you are not. Again: Bondage is in the belief that you are what you imagine. Freedom is in the knowing that you are not. The more the lie of this imagined identity is exposed, the more truth that the imagined self doesn’t really exist is revealed. In this truth there’s a knowing, not of who you are, but of who you are not, and it’s in the exposure of this lie that sets you free because you’re no longer in the prison of this imagined identity…


No comments:

Post a Comment