Awakened Moments

Everyone has their awakened moments, but is your mind going to be quiet enough to be aware of it, and if not what are you willing to do so you don’t miss the next one…

There are many awakened moments throughout your life, but they go unnoticed because most of the time there is to much noise going on in our head. One awakened moment in particular for me occurred one morning at 4:00am, my neighbors dog was barking away and it woke me up. My first noisy thought at the time was to go shut the dog up, but because I was sitting daily and developing discipline my squirrel cage mind was more settled than ever before, the next thought I had wasn’t as noisy. I said to myself that’s what dogs do, they bark” so I accepted the barking. The next thing I know is I woke up and it was 8:00 am. I can’t tell you if the dog stopped barking or not, but I do know my awakened moment happened when I woke up as I was aware of it. I realized for the first time ever that I had spent my entire life wanting things to be different and that this was the source of many if not all of the discontentment I ever had in my life. This awakened moment changed my view life forever.

My life changed because no longer could I blame anything outside myself for my discontentment. The veil of ignorance was removed. To me this was truly mind boggling. Years of confusion and frustration fell away as this awakened moment was experienced; this was my moment of truth. That is what an awakened moment is, truth and in truth is freedom. The more life is lived in truth the more freedom there is. Freedom from the ignorance that keeps a person locked in the prison of the Conditioned Mind. This is what an awakened moment does, it allows for acceptance of things as they really are instead of wanting them to be in the way of the make believe world of ignorance, instilled by the Conditioned Mind. So it isn’t a question if you are going to have an awakened moment or not, it’s a question of are you going to be aware of it…

No comments:

Post a Comment