Reaching Issue

Reaching itself is the issue, not the thing being reached for. Not everything you think is healthy is truly beneficial. It will take a very settled mind to see if what is reached for is truly beneficial…

What you do needs to be investigated to see if it’s beneficial or if it’s just a story of what you want it to be. Many people play the lottery to become rich, when doing this becoming rich is your energy. Sex is often reached for, as is the spiritual path. Drugs, alcohol, gambling, and also their associated programs are used as supposedly being beneficial, but the results of these energies may be different; the bondage they keep you in is all the same. Working out and healthy eating habits are also seen as beneficial, but many attach a story to them and negate their benefit. I know many people are vegans and I have no opinion either way, but no where have I ever read that Jesus or the Buddha used this as a supportive part of their practice. All I’m saying is what I’ve found to be truly beneficial needs no story nor attachment to certain results.

People use ayahuasca, this is no different than reaching for drugs and alcohol to achieve a result. I can only share my experience and I’ve found reaching for anything whatever form it takes on is not beneficial. The reaching itself is the issue, not the thing being reached for. To me, in the space of just being with what arises in the present moment is truly beneficial. Not everything you think is beneficial is truly a benefit. It will take a very settled mind to see the subtle bondage in the things that are labeled a benefit. I say if you are reaching for something regardless of what it is, it’s not a benefit to your well being and this is because the reaching itself is the issue and it’s what keeps you in captivity to the thing reached for…

No comments:

Post a Comment