Seduction of "I" Desires

The most important thing to understand about the seduction of desire is the less attachment there is to “I” the less you will be seduced by “I” desires because without “I” there’s no one who desires…

The seduction of “I” desires are so enticing because they feel good; this is why the seduction is so powerful. There’s issue with this because of the impermanent nature of “I” seduction. It simply will not last, it has no staying power so something will always be needed almost immediately following each seduction. Think about it, with all the “I” seductions that have been fulfilled throughout your life regardless of what it was, it doesn’t bring the fulfillment now that it brought at that time. Most times even if the same exact “I” seduction is physically repeated, it’s usually not as fulfilling as the first experience. I used so many things as I was seduced by my “I” conditioning, but it never lasted; the “I” seduction of the next needed desire always arose. This went on all the time, seduced by one desire after another and never satisfied for long.

I understand this seduction of “I” desires as the main reason people start using and become addicted to things. If the seduction of “I” desires didn’t arise, nothing would be reached for so there would never be an addiction. Unfortunately the seduction of “I” desires has its way with people. It’s deeply ingrained in the subconscious and has been in place since existence began. I know it was the seduction of desires that controlled me for forty nine years and it was directly associated with “I”. Without “I” no one is there to be seduced. Even with this understanding the seduction of “I” desires don’t just disappear, but they do subside somewhat. To me, the most important thing to understand about this is the less attachment there is to “I” the less you will be seduced by “I” desires because without “I” there’s no one who desires…

No comments:

Post a Comment