A False Identity

The more attached you are to your given name, the more a false identity is created. When this is realized it leads not so much to knowing who you are, but more so to the truth of who you are not…

One day as I was sitting in silence, it was revealed to me that it took nearly forty nine years to develop an identity to a false self along with all the tools I thought were needed to make me who I thought I was suppose to be. For the last sixteen years I have be undoing what my Conditioned Mind developed because it was thought to be the most beneficial way to live. This false self began at the time of birth when my parents named me for the purpose of society having a way to identify me. This name was then attached to by a self that was in the beginning stages of creating a false identity.

On this day sixteen years ago the lie was exposed for me as it will be for everyone I gather one day; for most it will remain in place until the time of death. Although for some death itself will be the time of this exposure of your false self, but for most you will never become be aware of it. For those who do awaken to the fallacy of this false identity, there’s a freedom that occurs which can only be known in the space of non attachment to this made up false self. Bondage is in the belief that you are what you think you are, freedom is in the knowing that you are not. The more the lie of this false identity is exposed, the more you’ll see the truth that the false self doesn’t really exist. In this truth there’s a knowing not of who you are, but of who you are not, and it’s in the exposure of this that sets you free because you are no longer in the prison of your false identity…

No comments:

Post a Comment