Loving Existence

Love flows as behavior and can be measured in the way people are treated. It’s difficult, maybe even impossible to act selfishly or self-serving when your existence is based in love…

Although there was love all around me growing up I never understood it. I didn’t know how to love myself or others. I would always behave in ways that was destructive to me and to those around me. Some of this was learned and some of it just seemed like it was from within myself. The problem with this is if I didn’t act it ways that showed love to myself there wasn’t any way I going to show love to others. Unfortunately without love as the base of life, it makes it very difficult to live a life that’s meaningful.

It’s often said that love is the true nature of life, but that doesn’t mean it will be the base of every life. Look at what some people are doing today. Ask their victims family if love is their true nature. Most people have a certain degree of selfishness in them, but only a few have it to the degree that it manifest as evil. I was very selfish which caused most of the decisions I made were done so to satisfy myself. But it’s not this way today because I learned the valuable lesson of what it means to not only love myself, but to love my neighbor as well; I truly don’t want to hurt anyone today. Love flows as behavior and it can be measured by the way people are treated. It’s hard to act selfishly or self-serving if your life is based in love…

No comments:

Post a Comment