Undisciplined Desires

The undisciplined mind creates a view based in the desires of the world. It’s difficult to break this spell because most of what goes on in our daily lives reinforces the undisciplined desires. A free mind doesn’t desire the world…

I understand the struggles with life have nothing to do with life. It’s my view based in the world of undisciplined desires that causes my struggle because this view is controlled by the undisciplined mind. When desires are fulfilled and things are going my way, there’s not much of a struggle; life is considered good. And when things are going my way I forget about what causes life to be a struggle. When I do this it makes my base centered in the world of undisciplined desires and I get pulled around by my undisciplined mind and become its puppet.

The more this occurs the more suffering there is in my life. Sometimes it is very subtle, but its there. As a matter of fact even if I’m aware of being controlled by an undisciplined mind, it still produces suffering. The suffering doesn’t occur if I don’t get what I want, it occurs just by being in a state where the undisciplined mind is in control.

The less I allow the world of undisciplined desires (which is just me wanting what I want, when I want it) to be the base of my view, the less I struggle with myself and with life. This is simply because undisciplined desires aren’t in control. But when I forget this and the undisciplined mind is creating chaos by desiring, I suffer immensely. Desire less, suffer less, but only when an undisciplined mind develops discipline…

No comments:

Post a Comment