Supportive Actions

Reaching is the issue not the thing reached for. Not everything one thinks is healthy and supportive is truly beneficial. It will take a very settled mind to see if what you think is supportive truly is…

Doing what’s supportive for your well being needs to be investigated to see if what you’re doing truly is supportive and not just a story of what you think is supportive. Many people play the lottery to become rich so to become rich becomes your supportive energy. Sex is often used as being supportive as is the spiritual path. Drugs, alcohol, gambling, and also their counter parts (their programs) are used as supportive energy, but as the results of these supportive energies may be different, the prison they keep you in is the same. Working out and healthy eating habits are very supportive, but many attach a story to them and negate their true support. I know many people are vegans and I have no opinion either way, but no where have I ever read that Jesus or the Buddha used this as a supportive part of their practice. All I’m saying is what I’ve found to be truly supportive needs no story nor attachment to certain results.

I can only share my experience and I’ve found reaching for anything in whatever form it takes on, is not true support. The reaching is the issue, not the thing being reached for. To me in the space of just being with what arises in the present moment is true support. Not everything you think is healthy is supportive and truly benefits your life. It will take a very settled mind to see the subtleness of the attachment to things that are deemed healthy and supportive. I say if you are reaching for something, regardless of what it is, it’s not supportive to your well being and this is because the reaching itself is the issue and it’s what keeps you in a mental prison…

No comments:

Post a Comment