Inner Tension

Although it seems what occurs in life is the cause of one’s inner tension, this is not the case. The inner tension that arises is already in place, if it wasn’t there’s no way it would be there…

One can only react to life with what‘s in place. Something like anger arises because its been learned, this also goes for fear, greed, hate, and so on. I constantly reacted like this for many many years without this understanding and it kept me locked into my inner tension without an inkling that the only reason it was occurring was because it was in place. Simply put, when something occurred that I didn’t like whether it was what someone said or did, or something that happened, my inner tension arose without my permission or knowledge as to why I reacted as I did. What arose was whatever my conditioning deemed appropriate. The only reason this happened is because it was already there laying in wait: like a lion waiting to pounce on its unsuspecting prey.

Understanding this is where there is power in knowledge. If why inner tension arises isn’t understood, there will be very little true periods where tension is not in control. Through awareness of what’s arising one has something tangible to use to get beyond it. Why most people remain as they are and repeat the same reactions over and over is because of the total unawareness of why it happens. To me this knowledge has immense value because when it’s seen one can truly decipher whether what’s in place is beneficial or not. That’s when a course of action can be developed to change whatever’s in place that’s causing the inner tension to rear its ugly head…

No comments:

Post a Comment