Idol Attachment

There are many idols out there that are attached to that keeps you in bondage, and although it may appear the idol creates the bondage, the bondage is to “I” that attaches to the idol…

There are many traps that induce bondage in the world, the Bible uses the description of idols and there’s no difference what is used because what they have in common is the attachment to “I”. Here’s where this gets tricky because anything that is made into a story and is attached to is an idol because it becomes a prison to the one who is attached to its story. God is made into an idol by people and becomes a prison although most don’t see this. Just look at the different religions and how all the followers of a particular one think theirs is the right one. Many of these religions have beautiful teachings, but it’s in the way they’re attached to that actually takes away from them. This isn’t to say there isn’t value in them, but there’s never value in attaching to something because it enforces an I am right and you are wrong aura.

I found this idol attachment happening to me yesterday, someone didn’t agree with my article so right away I felt I had to defend it ;after all I wrote it so it has to be right, lol. I always have to look at myself so I can identify what form my idol is taking on. I’m not saying to not enjoy things, this is just to show how attachment to anything becomes bondage and blocks the heart from remaining open to allow everything its freedom. Idols take over when they get control of “I” as “I” become the idol. I am right is an idol, as is anything one reaches for. The world presents many idols that are disguised and until these are identified, the idol of “I” will remain and so will your bondage…

No comments:

Post a Comment